NHS Arden & GEM National Referral Support Service

GIDS is no longer accepting referrals onto our service.
Find information about the national referral system >>.

  • Home
  • Need urgent help?

Need urgent help?

Our service only provides outpatient gender care between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday and excluding national holidays.

If you have an emergency

Please contact your GP or local healthcare/mental health provider if you need support that is not related to your gender care. If it is an emergency please dial 999 for and ask for the emergency service relevant to your needs or go to your nearest Accident and Emergency department and they will support you.

Getting help in an emergency

If you don’t feel you can keep yourself safe right now, seek immediate help:

  • go to any Accident & Emergency (A&E) department (Find your nearest A&E)
  • call 999 and ask for an ambulance to take you to A&E
  • ask someone else to call 999 for you or take you to A&E

If you need urgent support but don’t want to go to A&E, you can:

If you want to help someone else, see the page on the Mind website about how to help someone else seek help, including how to help someone else in an emergency.

Regularly Searched for

Top Tags